Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2016

A Series of Miracles: Changes for 2016

Does this picture have anything to do with this post or am I just posting a cute picture of the Chimame-tai? Read on to find out!
Yeah, it's been a while since I've posted here. Things have gotten busy in real life, and as a result I've fallen behind on a lot of anime. Also, I have been wondering for a while what direction I want to take this blog, given my increased involvement with Beneath the Tangles. Anyway, it's a new year, and time for a revamp of the direction of this blog. Here are the basics of what you can expect here:

This blog will now focus on anime of the slice-of-life genre. This is probably the biggest change here. While I will still watch anime across many genres, by and large my favorite anime genre is the slice-of-life genre, so that will be what this blog mainly looks at. I will soon write a post on what exactly I consider a slice-of-life show, so you have a better idea of what I will be focusing on in this blog (you'll find out that I interpret the "slice-of-life" genre fairly liberally).

Various past post series I have done on this blog will stop. Things like the "What I'm Watching", "Hall of Fame", "The Anime-zing Race", long "Best of" lists, and the like will all fall by the wayside. "Looking Back" will continue, but will obviously focus on slice-of-life shows (and will probably be renamed).

Expect crossposts from Beneath the Tangles. Pretty much all of my previous postings on faith-centric matters has moved there; however, I will cross-post my posts onto this blog. In the spirit of Crunchyroll's simulcasting schedule, cross-posts will always be made one week after the original post goes up on Beneath the Tangles. Posts about slice-of-life shows will be cross-posted in their entirety, while posts on other shows will be posted as a link and a description.

Beyond this, I will be posting on various things on the subject of slice-of-life shows, perhaps trying things like weekly coverage of particular shows. Here's to hopefully a more productive year of blogging here!

No comments:

Post a Comment